You will be amazed how easy this recipe is! Its bubbly, sweet, beautiful and super easy. After all we are talking about Champagne musts, a delicious strawberry dessert with Champagne, hello! Must I say more? This recipe will be on your top 10 must have cupcakes!
Sweet Pink Strawberry Champagne Cupcake Recipe
- 1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® strawberry cake mix
- 1 1/4 cups champagne, (I used a Red Sparkling Wine - Cinzano Brachetto d’Acqui) it will compliment the fruity strawberry flavor.
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup champagne
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 to 5 drops red food coloring
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Place paper baking cup in each of 24 regular-size muffin cups.
- In large bowl, combine dry cake mix and champagne. Add oil, eggs. Beat with electric mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
- Bake 17 to 22 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- In medium bowl, beat frosting ingredients with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Frost cupcakes. Sprinkle with pink sugar or pearls.
Champagne is a sparkling wine, and while many expensive champagnes are available, this is one time you might choose less expensive champagne. Have the champagne at room temperature when preparing the cake.
For pink decorator sugar crystals, edible pink pearls and decorative cupcake lines, check out Fancy Flours.